The Ontario Association of Architects (OAA) is seeking a recent graduate from a professional architectural degree program for a one year contract position to be located at the OAA Headquarters Building in Toronto at York Mills/Don Mills roads.
In this position you will gain exposure to many facets of architectural practice and will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of OAA members in large and small firms.
- Work with and provide support to the OAA Communications staff with respect to updating and maintenance of the content of the Website.
- Assist with the development and coordination of content for existing and new components of the OAA Website, including technical resources and information.
- Provide coordination support between the 14 local Societies and the OAA in relation to public awareness initiatives, society input into Council initiatives, society special projects and local professional issues.
- Provide support to specific OAA Committees in relation to the development of and identification of content for the Sustainable Design area of the website and specific administrative support.
- Report to the Executive Director and will work under the direct supervision of existing OAA staff.
- Recent architectural graduate
- A demonstrated organizational ability
- Demonstrated computer skills in a word processor, spreadsheet, and graphics program.
- A good working knowledge of English.
- Web site development skills are NOT required, though are an asset.
Resumes and supporting materials to be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and be received no later than April 15, 2011. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment will commence on May 22, 2012. Please note that this position does not qualify for work experience under the Internship in Architecture Program.